Thursday, March 02, 2006

my favorite japanese words

there are so many words that i like because i like the sound, image, etc.

every time i try to think of my favorite words in the languages I can speak( only 3 unfortunately) , i always end up remembering only one or none....

the list might go on but i'd like to share my 4 favorite Japanese words( these days, might change my mind late :))) :
1) papparapa ( meaning "stupid")
2) odoroki momonoki sanshono ki ( a phrase borrowed from an old animation- used when you are really surprised but not many young people know this these days....)
3) hikkurikaeru ( meaning "roll upside down, turn over")
4) uchi benkei (A lion at home, and a mouse abroad.)

what are your favorite words in the languages you speak?

4 Comments:

Blogger qaminante said...

Great choices, I put mine in my own blog and greatly enjoyed coming up with them, although I'm not sure I have identified all my favourites yet. Thanks for making me think about it!
Yes, time flies, I can't believe it's already March but will be happy to see the back of Winter.

8:24 AM  
Blogger miki said...

Hi,your list is very interesting for me! I don't use papparapaa.

12:50 AM  
Blogger girl about the town said...

actually i have heard that word for the first time the other night on TV while watching a drama but liked it:))

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mystic Lillium said...

Hi,
Of course, "yaren" in Turkish.
"Unique" in English.
"Corazon" in Spanish.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home