Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's

Was meaning to post this yesterday but got kinda busy. This year, I decided to try the Japanese way- giving chocolates ( giri-chokos) to my male co-workers for the Valentine’s Day . Because of some troubles, as you already know, I am not fond of my boss but I get on very well with the director of division next to ours and the director of our department. I have even founded a small "walking club" with these guys. We go for a walk together after a quick lunch everyday:))) Anyway, I like these people because they have been very kind to me so I thought I should give them some chocolates as a token of my gratitude and they seemed to be very happy - and surprised of course- when I went up to them saying "happy valentine" I am not sure why but my boss looked very disappointed that day -may be he thought I would give him some chocolates too but no way!

And I also got some chocolates- expensive Belgian Chocolates ( Belgian chocolates are soooo expensive in Japan , especially on the Valentine's ) for some friends but I haven't seen them yet so they will have to wait a little more. I am really tempted but trying to control myself reminding myself that those chocolates are not for me….

And the next day, department director came up to me and gave me an envelop sent by his wife. I was asked to open it at home ( but of course I could not wait) .Guess what was in the envelop? a beautiful Hina doll ( girl's festival dolls) display made of Japanese paper!!! So beautiful! She was so kind to make one for me! ( will post the pic later)

Happy Valentine everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home